October 23, 2018 · 03:48 PM
Rest In Power: 7 Ways Nia Wilson Embodied Black Girl Magic
July 25, 2018 · BOTWC Staff
On Sunday, July 22, 18-year-old Nia Wilson's life was tragically cut short when she was fatally stabbed by a white man at the BART MacArthur Station in Oakland, California. Her older sister, Letifah Wilson, who was also attacked, wants the world to remember her baby sister as she knew her: "loving, caring, and helped any and everybody." With a promising future in sight, here are seven ways Nia Wilson embodied Black girl magic.
1. Nia was a recent Oakland High School graduate.
2. Her mother Alicia Greyson said, "she was so smart and gifted."
3. As a student-athlete, she was cheerleader and played basketball.
4. She hoped to one day pursue a career in criminal justice or law.
5. She had a passion for music.
6. She also had entrepreneurial dreams, wanted to open her own dance studio and launch her own makeup line.
7. In the words of her older sister, Letifah, Nia was "the most sweetest person on the earth."
Energy never dies, it is only transferred. May Nia Wilson's beautiful spirit continue to live on through all those that she touched.
October 23, 2018 · 09:57 AM
October 22, 2018 · 05:49 PM